Design and Social Innovation in Asia Pacific
Tuesday 12 July 2016
Thailand Creative and Design Center (TCDC) in Bangko
We are pleased to announce that our 2nd DESIAP Symposium will be held at the prestigious Thailand Creative and Design Center (TCDC) in Bangkok on the 12th of July 2016.
This free public symposium builds on the outcomes from our first event, From Things to Services Symposium and Workshop, which took place at the National Design Centre, Singapore, on 5–6th February 2015. The event heralded the Design and Social Innovation in Asia‐Pacific (DESIAP) platform initiated by RMIT and Northumbria University as a place for practitioners in this region working in the field of Social Innovation to coalesce.
DESIAP 2016 brings together an exciting line up of key change makers in the field and leading researchers and academics from the UK and Asia‐Pacific to build on insights gathered already to explore cultural nuances, conditions and relational dimensions when people are embarking on change. List of speakers and participants include:
• Yoko Akama, RMIT, (Japan / Australia)
• Debbie Aung Din, Proximity Designs, (Myanmar)
• Shaowen Bardzell, Indiana University (Taiwan / US)
• Ingrid Burkett, TACSI, (Australia)
• Rachel Clark, Open Lab, Newcastle University (UK)
• Yanki Lee, Hong Kong Design Institute (Hong Kong)
• Ann Light, University of Sussex (UK)
• Gong Miao Sen, Jiangnan University (China)
• Alison Prendiville, University of the Arts, LCC (UK)
• Bas Raijmakers, STBY, UK and The Design Academy (UK/The Netherlands)
• Joon Sang Baek, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (Korea)
• Hiroshi Tamura and Fumiko Ichikawa, Re:Public Inc, (Japan)
• Mariko Takeuchi, inCompass Lab (Cambodia)
• Viria Vichit-Vadakan, G-Lab, Thammsat University, Bangkok (Thailand)
• Joyce Yee, Northumbria University (Malaysia / UK)
• Robert Young, Northumbria University (UK)
We hope you will be able to join us for a vibrant and discursive day. You can register and confirm your place in the symposium clicking on the Registration link below.